Thursday, April 14, 2011

Good Digestion equals Good Health

In the last year, one of the important things I've learned is that about 70% of my immune system is centered in the digestive organs of my body.  Wow!  Somehow I thought it was some little gizmo inside that sent out the soldiers to say - "Attack! Attack!" every time a dangerous foreign body showed up.

Here at Sanoviv each of my doctors is aware of my digestion and they are directing my treatment so that it's more efficient and working the way it's supposed to work.  The food I eat, enzymes, good bacteria (probiotics), exercise, water, posture, mental attitude, supplements - all have an impact on my digestive system.  And since my immune system will work best when those things are properly balanced and being synergistic - it's a big deal for me to make the changes that are needed. 

Fortunately, Alan and I had already increased the amount of vegetables we have in our diet.  I found I wasn't very successful when I was focused on "oh - I have to stop eating that food" - so I changed the focus to "how many vegetables can I eat today."  I would look for ways to add veggies, raw or steamed or sauteed, and do it throughout the day. 

Now when I go home from Sanoviv, I'll be making a trip once a week to the city to find more organic foods (we currently wash things in a special spray to remove pesticides) - but organic is much better.  And I'm learning how to order online - delivered straight to my door! 

I'm so grateful for the change in my digestion since I've been here.  The affect on my immune system has been marvelous.  It's amazing how much better I feel. 

Thank you for following my blog - and for your comments! I love hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment