Thursday, April 14, 2011

Having a doctor who cares

I so appreciate meeting with my doctor each day while I'm here.  Dr Xavier Curiel is my chief physician and his knowledge and insight are exceptional.  Each day he reviews how I'm doing, presents results from tests I've taken and lets me know what my therapies are.  Having him explain the reason for the therapies is like a gift, I get to have an understanding of exactly what I'm doing and why.

His medical training and specializations give him the ability to treat me in the best way possible.  Plus, he puts me at ease, cares about me and my family and is genuinely kind.  He never rushes me or makes me feel like I'm just a number on a list. 

Because of who he is and how he is, I feel so safe.  I know he is making the choices that will benefit me - and he is prioritizing my treatement based on the amount of time I have here and my budget.  Now I ask you, when did you last have a doctor who was as conscious of your budget as you are? 

(Actually, my doctor at home is like that, too!  Isn't that wonderful?!)

For those of you that wanted me to have the best treatment possible - well I'm getting it.  My health has improved so much just in my short stay here that I believe I've won the war.

Love you all!  May your week be full of laughter and kindness and people who love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment